Monday, June 11, 2007

"Day 11"

Happiness Level: 5 of 10

Reading over my entries, it's apparent that I talk about food the great majority of the time. This is probably why I'm overweight. Although there are a multitude of things I should be doing besides watching what I eat this month, I tend to focus on the food elements. As evidenced in this blog, I associate the parts of my day with the meals I eat. So in an effort to stymie this line of thinking, I'm going to greatly reduce the importance of food in my daily blogs. Hopefully this will transcend over to my daily way of thinking.

That being said...

I had Pluckers for lunch. Grilled Chicken sandwich, a few fries and about 1/2 of a Coke. Dinner was yummy. Home-made beef tostadas, side of mexi-rice and a bottle of water.

I called my parents today. I started with my Dad. He was literally surprised to hear from me to the point that he called me on it. Saying something like, "I'm looking at the phone number calling me, and I can't believe it!" Yeah, that's how often I call my parents. I asked him how he was feeling. I knew he and my mother had caught a cold recently. He said they were both nearly fully recovered from the cold, but that my mother was at home sick with a stomach ache and that I should call her.

So I called my mom. No answer. I left a message knowing that I probably wouldnl't call back... at least not today... and also knowing that as soon as she'd see the message that she try to call me back like 20 times until I answered. So, I told her in the message that I was going back to work and that she probably wouldn't get ahold of me. That didn't stop her. She called back within a hour. I didn't answer. I'll call her tomorrow.

I don't know why I hate talking on the phone so much, but I do. My parents have gotten used to it. They don't like it, but they're used to it. That reminds me. I need to call my sister this week.

On the way home, I had plans of going jogging. Once home, I fell asleep. :-(

At least I spent a good amount of time with Maddie. She loves nothing more than to sit on my lap while I'm at my computer. I play a movie for her in one monitor and go about my business on the 2nd monitor. I guess some people might call that 'non-quality' time together, but fuck those people. My daughter loves me. At this point in her life, she probably wants to be with her Dada more than anyone else in the world. It kinda makes Claire sad, but she chooses to be with me more often than anyone... even her. I'm sure it's a temporary phase, but it's nice to know that at least for one tiny portion of her life, I had my daughter's heart completely. And whether we spend that time together watching Backyardigans for the 21st time or me reading the Bible to her, that's our business.

The worst part of day was actually late night. After Maddie and Claire were sound asleep, my heart began those annoying/scary palpitations. Worrying about them kept me up for hours.

My sister lived with me for a bit before she moved to Florida. While she was here, she worked as a nurse. As a nurse, she owned a stethoscope. You know, the tubey thing that they use at the doctor's office to listen to your heartbeat. Anyway, she left one here. And when I get freaked out by my heart beats, I like to listen to it with the stethoscope. It soothes me to hear it when it starts beating normally. It makes me realize that my hearts fine, and that I'm overreacting.

Last night, I couldn't find the stethoscope. :-(

No comments: