Tuesday, January 13, 2004

I didn't get more than 2 hrs sleep last night. Godammit I'm so tired. :-( Plus I took some Benadryl (for the uncontrollable sneezing fit I was having) and that shit just made me even more drowsy. Then try starting off your day with a 1 hour meeting that lasts 1 hour and 30 minutes. When it's you and four other people in a meeting, they notice when you doze off. Trust me.

I had a great day yesterday though. I picked up Claire at her job (I hardly ever pick her up because it's out of my way), bought a few games on sale at the mall, picked up a Final Fantasy X Piano collection CD, went around a few pawn shops looking for rare games or at least good deals on older games. Then had a nice dinner at Olive Garden of all places. I have to say, that even though I have this undying (yet deserving) hatred for the waitressing/waitering profession, that we had an excellent server. That's extremely rare in my book. He was attentive, yet unobtrusive. He got our order 100% right and basically never fucked up. I was pleasantly surprised. I ended up giving him over 20% tip (and I hate tipping servers because they normally suck balls.)

You know, I've been having what seems like extra good days since my birthday. I got some kickass gifts. One of which is a Flame Red GBA SP, which I love. That's my 4th gameboy! I have an original GB, GB Color, GBA, and now GBA SP. You'd think I'd own more GB games then. I don't. I own like 7 GBA games, and a handful of regular GB carts. Dunno why, but I love this SP. I'm thinking of picking up a few more carts.

Man, I really need to stop buying shit. . . especially games. I'm up to 63 or so PS2 games, about 30 or so GC games and nearly that many Xbox games. But they're soo cheap right now! $10 here, $20 there... an occasional full-priced game. :-(

I've also been on a DVD rage. I've either bought or received as a gift: Battle Royale (an out-of-print Tartan Video version from the UK in NTSC format... thanks Tony!), Audition, Visitor Q, Ichi the Killer, MST3K Vol 2 Collection, Vacation (20th anniversary), and Three's Company 1st Season.

Did I mention I'm tired?

No comments: