Friday, December 17, 2010

Vegas 2010 Day 6

Vegas 2010 Day 6 - Thursday Dec 16th


Holy Shit this was a long-ass session. I'm so tired, so I'm going to keep this really, really brief.


Session 10: The Mirage $1/$2 NL Hold 'Em

In: $700 Out: $785 Time: 14 hours 15 minutes


No, that's not a typo. 14 hours and 15 minutes. One session. I stayed in one seat for 10 hours of it before the table broke and moved. I didn't even have dinner. All I had all day was a single cheeseburger from Burger King before my session started and like 1/2 of a Cherry Garcia scoop from Ben & Jerry's.


I started with $300, and had to add-on $200. Twice. It was a very frustrating session. As good as I ran at the Venetian, I ran bad at Mirage. Everything was just going to shit.


This is going to sound super gay, but you know what kept me going? That the Spurs came back and won their game against the Nuggets. I was watching them play from about the 2nd quarter on and watching their resilience and patience sorta inspired me.


I tried all kinds of shit. I made some ridiculous bluffs, some hero calls. I correctly folded big hands, and raised with mediocre hands. I saw damn near everything happen to me and everyone, twice.


It was gross. I feel like I went to war. I don't have the energy to go into detail. Let's just say I won $85, in the end, and I was very happy to do so.


Claire comes into town Friday night. I'm going to try to get some sleep.

No comments: