Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Vegas Day 0

"Vegas Day 0"

Well, here I am. The day before my Vegas trip, and my sleeping schedule is already jacked up due to poker. For the last couple of nights, I've been waking up at around 4am. All due to my marathon poker session that started on Saturday night.

By tomorrow evening, I'll be on Day 1 of 11 in Vegas. Everytime people ask me how long I'll be in Vegas, and I reply "11 days," they inevitably cringe. "That long?! You're going to get sick of it!" they scoff. They don't understand. They go for Cirque du Soleil and a little blackjack. I'm there for poker. A lot of it. In the last 25 days, I've logged 86.5 hours of *live* poker. That's 3.5 hours of poker every single day. Voluntarily. The only reason it was not more was because I had to work and spend time with family. Not that I don't enjoy time with my family. :-) But the point is that I played as much as possible, and it wasn't enough. So 11 dedicated poker days in Vegas? Yeah, trust me... not a problem.

Some people might say that I have a gambling problem. But I say it's only gambling if you lose. :). Sure, that sounds cocky, but I'm very confident that over the course of the trip, I will be profitable.

Stay tuned to this blog for at *least* once a day posts from Sin City. Track my progress here and on twitter.

http://twitter.com/RobNava

-Rob

No comments: